Monday, April 05, 2021

 

Opening day in verse!

 I worried this theme might be too limiting, but I was wrong!

We heard, of course, from Nats fan IPLawGuy:

One World Series win
An exchange for future pain
Deal with the Devil?

And Red Socks fan Craig A (yeah, I know it is "Sox," but still...):

Red Sox playing in 
the shadows of banners past.
Fenway dogs and beers!

Christine came in with quality:

Rays win, Yankees lose
Verdant fields and snow flurries
Glasses still rosy

As did Mets fan Susan Stabile:

Mets first game delayed
Maybe that's not a bad thing--
They haven't lost yet.

And the Medievalist:

I have given up, 
There is no joy in Mudville,

My team is useless.

And IPLawGuy came back, this time to comment on my Tigers:

Miguel Cabrera
Certain Hall of Famer
Stuck with weak Tigers.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#