Wednesday, April 07, 2021

 

My Students: Laura Reilly

 

I'm devoting Wednesdays on my blog to profiling my former students, alternating between Baylor and St. Thomas.

Laura Reilly came to St. Thomas after getting degrees from Rhodes College and U. of Memphis (for a Masters in criminology), and I remember her coming to talk to me before she even started law school. She had a background in criminal justice-- she had spent three years working on the federal weed and seed program-- and was eager to dig in.

She was the kind of student you love to have: bright, engaged, hard-working, and open-minded. She excelled in my classes, and I talked her into taking my clinic as well, where she worked on a difficult case and excelled. 

After law school, she went off to work for a big firm, but.... criminal law will always be there when she gets done with that other thing!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#