Friday, April 30, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: Signs of Spring

 


I walked out of the house yesterday without a coat yesterday and instinctively turned back to get one. But... it was 60 degrees out. I really didn't need it. And right then and there I took a minute to appreciate that. 

Spring really is here. Let's haiku about that this week. Here, I will go first:

The sounds of baseball
A ball hits a bat, cheering
Floats in from afar.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern and have some fun!


Comments:
The smell of manure
Rises over the farmland
Right into my house.
 
My car is yellow
sticky, dusty and coated
with sneezy pollen
 
Azaleas -- red,
pink, white, purple. Tangerine
is my favorite.
 
Azaleas, redbuds,
tulips, daffodils. It’s spring.
The Ville. Colors burst!

 
Sunny guard tower
Breezes blow soft through barbed wire
Inside he awaits
 
Dingy rainy day,
The rain falls on the just and
The unjust alike.
 
Phyllis leans down to
welcome her friend's arrival
A spring love story
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#