Monday, April 26, 2021

 

Art poetry!

 I know, I know-- I could have come up with a much better illustration to pair with the haiku topic of "art" than George Bush's painting of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Sorry about that! But you all came through anyways...

Desiree made me want to see this art!:

Paintings on wood, art 
that's also haiku. So proud 
of first son, artist.

Christine told some truth:

Many years, struggled
to find my true canvas, now
I paint with flowers.


The IPLawGuy is in a reflective mood:

Art, an elective
So was band, no art for me
A nagging regret.

Jill Scoggins remembered an important American artist:

Cassatt made us see
the woman: dignity in
that once thought less than.

And the Spanish Medievalist, unsurprisingly, took us to Spain (and Jill noted that if you flip the second and third lines, they work as Haiku in English!):

Pablo Picasso,
Misterio cubista,
Que fea la mujer!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#