Wednesday, March 17, 2021

 

My students: Erick Sandlin

 


I'm devoting Wednesdays on the blog to profiling my former students, alternating between Baylor and St. Thomas.

When he was in school, there was a lot that I noticed about Erick Sandlin. He was very sharp, right at the top of his class (2006). He had a calm demeanor that was somewhat rare in that time and place. And... we kind of looked alike. Maybe a lot alike. Enough that people often asked if he was my son (which I'm pretty sure he is not).

I knew that he would go on to do interesting things, and I was right! First he clerked for Judge Priscilla Owen of the 5th Circuit, and then he went to work at Bracewell (a large law firm) in Houston. He's still there, as Senior Counsel, working on the usual stuff a big firm in Houston would do, such as "energy trading issues." 

But, that's not all.

He also is an artist whose work is displayed throughout that area. One article about his work is titled "Erick Sandlin: The Artist and Litigator Changing the Rules of Spray Paint,"which is unique among my former students. If you want to check out his work, look here. I like it, a lot. 

I'm so glad he is doing both of these things. Here he is explaining part of it:





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#