Wednesday, February 24, 2021

 

My Students: Clay Harris

 


I'm devoting my Wednesdays on the blog to profiling my former students, rotating between Baylor and St. Thomas grads.

I love schools with character, and who produce loyal grads. Auburn is one of those schools, and Clay Harris is one of those grads. As a student in my classes at St. Thomas, I was struck by Clay's intelligence, collaborative skills, and ability to take initiative, and asked him to help me on an important advocacy project. He did a great job, and we got something done. It's a wonderful thing to have students turn in to valuable collaborators!

After law school, Clay became a public defender in Aurora, Colorado, where he tried 25 jury trials in just the first two years. People lose track of this, but most of the true trial lawyers left in this country are criminal litigators-- most "civil litigators" rarely get to trial. 

Clay is now working for the Sawaya Law Firm in Denver, Colorado, which sounds like an awesome place to live. It's great to see these people I care about land in the right place!


Comments:
I know Clay well. Good guy!

He definitely loves being a lawyer, and the Colorado life.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#