Wednesday, February 10, 2021

 

My students: Chris Clark

 


I'm devoting Wednesdays on the blog to profiling my former students.

This week, we meet St. Thomas grad Christopher Clark, one of the more memorable students I've run into! He came to St. Thomas from Baylor, where he earned his undergrad degree. When he came to visit the school I met with him, and urged him to come. It was a leap-- he was and is a true Texan, and Minnesota is a stretch in terms of weather and culture.

He did it though, and St. Thomas was deeply blessed to have him. Because he was not a criminal law guy, he was not in my classes. Still, I often heard about him from others, many of whom did not know our connection. They always talked about him as being special, gifted in mind and spirit. I was taken with him mindfulness, too, and his gently soul. When I ran into him in the hall, no matter how busy I was, I couldn't help but detour and visit for a while, and I never regretted it.

After law school, Chris returned to Waco and got to work practicing law, repurposing buildings, and starting businesses-- he's that kind of entrepreneur. In fact, I talked about him in a Waco Trib piece that described people like him as the key to a good economy. I really believe that, too; a creative group of young people building businesses makes a huge difference, particularly in a place like Waco. 

Minneapolis was a detour for Chris, but I think it was a good one. I know it was good for me-- he gave me a new respect for the role of people who do what he does.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#