Monday, February 22, 2021

 

Haiku On Ice

 That sounds like a third-tier figure skating show, huh? But it actually was our haiku theme last week, and people nailed it!

This one was anonymous-- but I'm pretty sure it was from my mom (and it is about my dad):

A starry cold night
He stands with a misting hose
Making an ice rink

Next day it’s ready
Kids with hockey sticks appear
And the game begins.

My dad, in turn, had his own entry (which was a little depressing):

The ice reached downwards
to the small boy begging him 
to break a piece off

Tomorrow he would
go out and find a puddle
where his kind friend was.

And the Medievalist has had enough ice in Waco this week:

Normally I like
Ice in coffee, to skate on,
Not in living room.

Desiree had a good reflection on a familiar sight:

To prevent falling,
walk with feet flat on ice-- the
Hockey Coach Shuffle.

And this came from IPLawGuy:

The word Ice rhymes with
rice, spice, nice, splice, dice, lice, mice
But I got Nothing.

Christine, in North Carolina, had this:

A glaze upon bark
Pink blooms encapsulated
Ice sarcophagus.

And this one was anonymous, but I'm pretty sure it was from one Robert Van Winkle:

Ice Ice baby dum
Yo VIP let’s kick it alright
Stop, collaborate, and listen.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#