Friday, February 12, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: 60 Years

 


Here's something to celebrate, even amidst hard times: Yesterday was my parents' 60th wedding anniversary! That's kind of remarkable, and wonderful. Talk about interesting people-- I'm very lucky to have them in my life, much less to have them as my folks. They still live in the house I grew up in, and are doing good and important things (at least, as much as one can during a pandemic).  I often link to my dad's writing, but in truth it is the work of both of them; nothing makes it to the page until my mom has given it the once-over. So, yes, I grew up with a free-lance editor right there in-house.

What could be better than that to haiku about this week? If you know them, you probably have some thoughts- feel free to direct a poem at them. If not, feel free to freestyle on the theme. There is a lot you can do with this one!

Here, I will go first:

A thousand true gifts

And some I don’t realize

Good souls and great, both.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!




Comments:
Kind and generous
Drove dharma Colorado
Love knows no bounds ski
 
Loving these great folks
whom I barely know; Osler
parents universal
 
Phyllis's advice:
Fall in love repeatedly
Key to sixty years!


 
Such a happy day!
Spike and Phyllis forever!
With love as their guide.
 
two people alive
two hearts still loving and strong--
a celebration
 
Much gathered and lost
In a long life together
Love remains constant
 
Spanning sixty years
Eyes twinkle, show love endures
through good times and not


***
Wishing you many more years of love
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#