Monday, January 11, 2021

 

What was THAT?... in haiku

 First of all, Megan Willome properly called me on an error in my post last Friday (Doh!) even while honoring the error with her syllable count:

You know everything is wrong
when haiku rules change
7-5-7, please no.

Gavin, as usual, got right to the heart of the matter:

My son and I watched
“Daddy, what are they doing?”
“I don’t think they know”

My dad gave us multiple stanzas:

Blacks who protest all
the killing will have massive
police resistance 

A white mob intent 
on sedition find themselves 
welcomed by allies

When will we all learn
when will we finally say
enough is enough.

And we heard from Christine:

January 6th
I so wish I was watching
Olympus has Fallen.

Jeff H. was here, too, with an adept observation:

Do lives matter if
They don't seem much like the cast
Of Duck Dynasty?

And Desiree gave us the perspective from suburban Virginia:

Terrorists escape 
DC and head to my town. 
They weren't welcomed here.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#