Monday, January 25, 2021

 

Transition week Memories!

Awesome haiku last week, everyone. But, it was quite a week, huh?

Resident king of haiku Gavin had this awesome entry:

Like a brand new love
After an abusive ex
It felt light, hopeful.

Desiree wrote what I was thinking:

Bernie and GaGa's  
fashion ruled, while Michelle's hair
flowed, loose and relaxed. 

Amy had a strong triplet:

Age and youth, deep blue
water, lights, breezy sun, masks
and poetry, lack

and field of flags, red
and yellow, purples and black,
anticipation, 

noon sign of relief.
Now we see calm Capitol
unmarked by unrest.

Jill Scoggins had a bunch- these two were my favorites:

He quoted Lincoln:
"My whole soul is in it." How
we believe you, Joe.

Amanda Gorman.
Youth, creativity, hope,
in the poet’s voice.

I knew that my dad couldn't stay away from this topic (and I'm glad he didn't):

The sun suddenly
burst on the stage revealing
truth and dignity.

And we can always count on the Medievalist:

Oh, the hills we climb,
The dark night of the soul, done,
Democracy again.

A highlight for me was CraigA's entry:

Lady’s love anthem 
Laureate’s angelic poem
Cowboy’s grace-filled song.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#