Friday, January 01, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: To 2021!

 



I took this picture in my Mom's kitchen in the fall; I don't know why, but it gives me hope. There are always beautiful things, right?

And I know that the flipping of the calendar won't magically wash away all the problems of 2020, but... aren't we all glad to see 2021?

Let's haiku about our hopes for the new year. Here, I will go first:

Oh, 2020,

We are glad to see you go.

New beauty arrives.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
Oh 2021
One day at a time ahead
Again and again.
 
New year, new journeys!
So much to explore this year,
places near and far.
 
Jan 1 a new year,
We survived last year,
Let us live the new.
 
We eat for good luck
as if black-eyes, greens, cornbread
could bring the magic.
 

A hope filled new year
365 days
less the first twenty

Year 2020
was spent in retreat and fear
our eyes were opened

We will push refresh
button stored up ideas
will come pouring out
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#