Friday, January 15, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: In the Snow

 


Waco got snow this week! I saw pictures of many poorly built snowmen (and a few keepers). Up here, we are used to it by now, of course.

January needs snow. I went skiing on Tuesday, and it was glorious-- fields of white, gliding, turning. 

Let's haiku about snow this week. I will go first:

Still kind of magic
Those first big fat flakes, falling
Slowly to my nose.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable, and have some fun!


Comments:
One set of footprints
Appeared last night after ten
Maybe the Yeti?
 
Climate change in VA:
My soul longs for deep
New England snow drifts.

 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Snowflakes sprinkle down,
distracting me from work and
calling me outside.
 
In Waco, Texas
It snowed big fat flakes Sunday,
Wonders never cease.
 
In frosty air
Moisture converts, falling snow
Each crystal unique

 
This is what I always think, with thanks to Clement Clarke Moore:

The moon on the breast
of the new fallen snow gave
luster of midday.

(Haiku doesn't allow those last 5 syllables, but I know you are thinking them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#