Monday, December 14, 2020

 

Tree poems

 I love the tree haiku you all sent in! Such fascinating stories in so few words....

IPLawGuy nailed a basic Christmas truth:

O cursed light string!
You work fine when I test you
But fail on the tree.

As did, in her own way, Jill Scoggins (who described something I think every year):

Unwrapping all the
ornaments is greeting my
good old friends again. 

Like a tree, the Medievalist is always welcome here:

Fragrant evergreen,
Symbol of eternal life,
Bless this home of ours.

And Christine as well:

Oh Tannebaum, please
grace our home with our branches
Festival of light.

And, of course, my dad:

When chopped off at its
ankles and dragged away still
happy to bring joy.

Tall Tenor dropped a gem:

Real trees are pretty;
Fake trees are much easier.
Both look good to me.

And Desiree's was so intriguing she got an anonymous response (in favor of colored lights):

Classy white lights or
my festive colorful lights?
That's the tree question.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#