Wednesday, December 09, 2020

 

The Burrell Report

 


Since July, I have been working on a big project: Chairing a panel that was reviewing the conviction and sentencing of Myon Burrell, who was sentenced to life for murder based on a killing that occurred when he was 16. He has maintained his innocence throughout. I was asked to head the effort by Barry Scheck and Laura Nirider, who are themselves leaders in the field of wrongful conviction-- which is a different animal than my field of sentencing and clemency. 

Our report came out yesterday. I'm proud of our work-- I think it coherent and well-reasoned. But, I'll let you decide that for yourselves!

The Star-Tribune article is here, the Washington Post's is here, and the full report is here


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#