Friday, December 25, 2020

 

Haiku Christmas

 


Like everything in 2020, Christmas is different this year. For me, it will be the first Christmas in over 50 years that I won't be with my parents in the house where I grew up. It's just too dangerous to be together this year.

But still it is Christmas, a holiday about hope for the world. Let's haiku about that this week.

Here, I will go first:

On the sordid Earth

Too much loneliness; but in

The heavens, a star...

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
The spirit of Christmas
is gathering in my heart
The light shines brightly
 
The church bell rings out
It connects generations
It transports me home

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/columns/4834089-Chuck-Haga-Can-you-hear-the-Christmas-bell?fbclid=IwAR3PiAQoK_VeaSy-gCMTIO-oLAsPV-humph_ABU8cSa2QFdu46EF-GAUv5o

 
It is Christmas time,
Snow and frost might fill the air,
But light fills the heart.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#