Monday, November 09, 2020

 

Sleepless poems

You all did a great job with a weird subject. It appears I was not the only one who has been losing sleep.

Gavin had the best all time reason for being up in the middle of the night! (and a great poem):

3 am. She’s up
I feed her. She grasps my thumb. 
Smile, our blue eyes lock. 

The Medievalist was up at 3 too:

Three a.m., oh my!
I am not at all sleepy,
Bad insomnia!

IPLawGuy was also up at three:

 3 AM, my time

To cruise the empty back streets

And blast Manilow.

Christine made it an hour later:

Out cold around 9
Then wide awake around 4
Disruptive sleep.

We heard from my dad:

One two three AM 
Four five six seven o'clock
Now daylight streams in.

Desiree has identified the source, at least:

Sound asleep and then
Snore, snore, snore. Poke the culprit.
Try to sleep again.

DDR has, too:

Night sounds, intriguing:
The drone of the highway, and
The call of night birds.

And Kitty knows wha the problem is, too (along with a pretty good solution)!:

Hot flashes at 1
Bathroom to pee at 4:10
I miss sleeping in

The election is past
Counting the votes continues
Peace and love for all




 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#