Friday, November 06, 2020

 

Haiku Friday: Sleepless

 


As the election dragged on, a lot of people I know were literally losing sleep. 

It happens to all of us sometimes, for a lot of reasons (or sometimes, for seemingly no reason at all). We do different things in those moments-- some people wander the house, others lie in bed, some people play keno on line-- but it is frustrating for everyone. 

But... also very human. So let's haiku about that this week. Here, I will go first:

Now I walk downstairs

To turn on the news, a minute,

Well, that did not help.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!




Comments:
One two three AM
Four five six seven o'clock
Now daylight streams in
 
Hot flashes at 1
Bathroom to pee at 4:10
I miss sleeping in

The election is past
Counting the votes continues
Peace and love for all
 
Night sounds, intriguing:
The drone of the highway, and
The call of night birds.
 
Sound asleep and then
Snore, snore, snore. Poke the culprit.
Try to sleep again.
 
Three a.m., oh my!
I am not at all sleepy,
Bad insomnia!
 
3 am. She’s up
I feed her. She grasps my thumb.
Smile, our blue eyes lock.


 
Out cold around 9
Then wide awake around 4
Disruptive sleep
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#