Monday, November 16, 2020

 

Haiku Bonanza! You guys are reading a lot...

 Wow! What a lot of haiku! And so good.. thank you all.

This is from my Mom (I recognize her reading list, though she was "anonymous"):

A ray of hope in 
Robert Putnam’s “The Upswing”
A new day may dawn

Sam Pepy’s diaries
Tell of plague, war, London fire.
Hard times are not new.

David Best has been reading deeply:

a poetic friend
capturing pain and heartbreak
in the written word

beautiful honest
she writes from experience
teaching others well.

Not surprisingly, so has Megan Willome:

California goes dry
worst case scenarios come
but teens conquer all.

("Dry" by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman, a YA thriller)

Desiree is keeping up (and knows something about being a courageous mom, I suspect):

Small girl all alone.
Courageous mom right behind.
Ruby Bridges' tale.

And I might follow the Waco Farmer's lead:

John Wayne: The Life and 
Legend by Scott Eyman. Truth.
Goodness and Beauty.

We had this from Gentlemen Prefer Gamera:

Martin Amis writes
autobiographical
novel about loss.

And IPLawGuy chimed in:

Self help books, again
Hope to understand daughter
and maybe my wife.

As did Christine (such variety!):

Some Michael Cohen,
Poems by Alison Swan,
and fav John Grisham.

But my dad best captured my own sentiments:

Currently I am 
reading wonderful haikus
in Osler's Razor.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#