Wednesday, October 14, 2020

 

YLS '90: Randy Berholtz



I have been devoting Wednesdays on the blog to profiling my classmates in the Yale Law class of 1990. It's been fascinating to find out what people are up to!

Randy Berholtz is from the same small town in Pennsylvania-- Shamokin-- where my own family (on my father's side) lived. A few years ago, I spent a few days in the town with my parents, and it was fascinating-- we are hoping to go back. 

I remember making that connection with Randy while we were in school. He was removed from the town by a lot of education by that point-- he had a bachelor's degree from Cornell and a Master's from Oxford before arriving in New Haven.

After law school, Randy crafted a career in life sciences. After serving as an executive, venture capitalist and lawyer with a number of companies and firms, he ended up in San Diego as the General Counsel and EVP of Innovus Pharmaceuticals while continuing his work in venture capital. He also teaches at the Thomas Jefferson Law School there. I would imagine that the students love him-- there is nothing like experience and competence in a professor for classes like Biotech law. 

I won't pretend to understand the work that he does, but it is great to know that classmates like Randy found their niche. 





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#