Sunday, October 11, 2020

 

Sunday Reflection: Autumn

 


From childhood, Fall has always been my favorite season.

There are reasons, I guess: the weather, the colors of the trees, the great holidays that come along amid all of it. Because I am on the academic year, it is the start of a new year, too, full of promise.

But it really is something more than all of that. Somehow, Autumn is the most evocative time of the year, when I have found love and had my heart broken, when nature reveals itself most clearly to me, and when I feel my closest connection to God. I don't mean to say it is necessarily the happiest time of the year, because I'm not sure that is true. Autumn, after all, is when I sometimes feel the Good Blues.

This year is different, of course. There is so much tragedy and tumult, needless death and loneliness for so many people. I feel the urge to create, but find it hard. My words don't always match my intentions. I feel like there are things I should be doing, but don't know quite what they are. 

But still, I can walk in leaves, and stop, and pick up one red leaf that has fallen to the ground, just like me.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#