Friday, October 30, 2020

 

Haiku Friday: From the back of the closet

 

 
I know there are people out there who regularly cull things from the back of their closets and then go and buy new clothes. I don't do either. And that means that the back of my closet is the Land of Forgotten Clothes (like the shirt shown above) that just kinda fell out of the rotation. Among other things, there is a corduroy shirt, socks with no partner, t-shirts celebrating restaurants that closed in 1997, and at least one solo cowboy boot. 
 
So let's haiku about that this week-- what there might be in the back of your closet.
 
Here, I will go first:
 
1989
Was the year I got these pants.
Back pocket, a note...
 
Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun! 


Comments:
they look familiar
put there by someone thinner
I'd better leave them
 
Sister's clothes left here,
and dad's effects, make for strange
archaeology

 
The back of closet
yields flannel shirt. Perfect for
spirit day -- yee haw!
 
Pink oxford cloth shirt
Late 1978
Bought in The Village

Hangs next to my kilt
That was bought in Toronto
Both worn in high school


 
I forgot I still
Had that small green t-shirt from
Nineteen eighty-one.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#