Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 

YLS '90: Eric E. Jorstad

 I'm devoting Wednesdays on the blog to profiling my classmates in the Yale Law class of 1990. It's been an adventure.

Some of my classmates are easier to find than others. Sometimes I will throw their name into the googler and out comes thousands of hits: articles, photos, videos, the gamut. Other times there will be nothing at all. Once in a while, what I find is kind of reprehensible (ie, anti-LGBT briefs with a classmate's name at the bottom). And sometimes-- like this week-- I find just enough to be really intrigued (even though I couldn't find a photo).

Eric Jorstad was a little older than many of my classmates, but not much-- he had done some stuff before coming to law school.  He received a Masters of Divinity from Yale Div. School in 1982, and a second theology degree from Luther Seminary in St. Paul the next year, before serving as a Lutheran minister in Detroit.

After law school, he returned to Minnesota, clerked at the federal district court, and became a partner at Faegre & Benson (or Faegre and somebody-- they changed names a lot). Their offices are just a few blocks from mine.  He apparently has retired from the firm and might be in Arizona. ("might be in Arizona" is something you can say about a high percentage of Minnesotans). I did come across some recordings of his sermons.

What surprises me is that I haven't run into him! I mean... sermons, Detroit, Minneapolis, etc. But there is still time...


Comments:
You had an ELCA pastor as a classmate -- hangin' out with the cool kids :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#