Tuesday, September 22, 2020

 

Take Me Down to Anarchy City...

 


Recently, President Trump and the Justice Department announced that they were cutting off funding to three "Anarchy Jurisdictions"-- New York, Seattle, and Portland.

 Is it just me, or does an "Anarchy City" sound pretty fun? I mentioned this on Twitter (@oslerguy, if you are looking), and Steve Skarnulis gave me this song to hum:

 Take me down to Anarchy City/Where the grass if green/and the girls are pretty/Ohhhhhhh.... take me down...

Now I can't get that out of my head. But, really, I think the NYC tourism board really needs to do something with this. I mean, can you imagine the art scene in Anarchy City? Or the music? I'm so sick of COVID Lockdown City that my desire for Anarchy City is strong.

 Anyone want to go with me?


Comments:
Sure! I'd go.

Thanks for this bit of lightness today, amidst all the sobering and sad news.
 
With thanks (and apologies?) to the Lovin' Spoonful:

Hot town, anarchy city
Back of my neck gettin’ dirt and gritty
Protests, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be peace in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different place
Go out and find your space
Come-on come-on and march all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the anarchy city
In the anarchy city

Cool down, evening in the city
Dressing so fine and looking so pretty
Cool cat, looking for a cause
Gonna ignore all the laws

Till I'm wheezing like a bus stop
Running from the cops, gonna meet you on the rooftop

But at night it's a different place
Go out and find my place
Come-on, come-on and march all night
Despite the heat, it’ll be alright

In anarchy city
In anarchy city


 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#