Friday, September 04, 2020

 

Haiku Friday: The start of September; the start of everything


I taught my first class yesterday, and it was glorious-- real students in front of me. I was kind of giddy about it.

To me, this is the start of the year, when the calendar flips. And the day cooperated with that in every possible way. I walked into my back yard to do the crossword puzzle in the Times, and I went back in to get a sweatshirt. Which means that the heat has broken, and the chill of the evening is here (at least in Minnesota).

Let's haikus this week about this unique and kind of thrilling time of year. Here, I will go first:

The shadows got long
Sooner than I expected;
And the moon, golden.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!

Comments:
Never liked school, but
September meant new school clothes
and I did like those!
 
Blood sucking skeeters
They ruled summer, but no more!
First frost frees us all
 
Shadowy sunlight
the clock reads seven a.m.
The dogs still sleeping
 
You must be alert
to notice Texas autumn,
but today, it's real.
 
Summer is over,
Cool nights, fresh mornings, short days,
Winter is waiting.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#