Friday, September 18, 2020

 

Haiku Friday: Signs of Fall

 


In Minnesota, some signs of fall have arrived. Others have been canceled, it seems. I live close to where the high school band practices, and a sure sign of fall has been the sound of the drum line coming over the trees, followed by the brass and the rest. But not this year.

So instead I search for the perfect red leaf. I will find it and put it in the pages of a book I know that I will reread someday. And when I come across it then, I will think about the good. 

So let's haiku about the signs of fall we see and hear.

Here, I will go first:

The smell of wood smoke
Aligns with first frost; It sends
Me in search of wool.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
The lake is still warm
but winds from the NNW
harder to paddle
 
One lonesome leaf falls
Spins slowly and turns to me
I catch it, heart full.
 
Tem-per-chures wildly
change. Hot-muggy, then cool-dry.
The Ville welcomes fall.

 
Where are the students?
They should be here. Our campus
is empty, bereft.

 
It is not ninety,
Gray clouds maybe suggest rain,
The days grow shorter.
 
The barn is cooler
The horses don't sweat so much
And the flies are gone!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#