Friday, September 25, 2020

 

Friday of Haiku: Treat Yourself!

 

 
 
In these turbulent times, sometimes you just have to give yourself a little incentive-- a "treat yourself" carrot to dangle in front of your own nose.
 
For years, I did a big chunk of my academic writing in long chunks of time. But I gave myself a goal: if I completed x amount of work, I would go to a concert or an art exhibit or something when I was done. It totally worked!
 
So let's haiku about those treats we give ourselves. Here, I will go first:
 
It was a long drive
And 'fore I get home,  a stop: 
Hello, good ice cream!

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
I hear the call to
dinner yet continue to
dab at the canvas
 
Every day at three
I get some chocolate out
Savor each moment.
 
Why go small with a
reward? Designer handbags
are best incentives.

 
Staring at a screen
Teaching bio to kids earns
me some new perfume!



 
Dog walk in the sun
At the end of a long day
I start to unclench.
 
The sunshine is warm.
Pillows, afghan on the chaise
An afternoon nap.
 
I’m making a smore,
Chocolate, gram-crackers and
A charred marshmellow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#