Wednesday, August 19, 2020

 

Yale Law '90: Eric Stein

I am devoting Wednesdays on the blog to profiling my classmates in the Yale Law class of 1990. It's ben a blast to find out what people have been doing!

Eric Stein was one of a group of classmates who came from one of my favorite colleges-- Williams, which is tucked away in the mountains of western Massachusetts. He was pretty sharp-- his was another law journal note that I read with a sense of awe as he took on the difficult issue of school segregation (you can read that here).

His career after law school has been focused on a critically important and too-often ignored issue: fair lending practices, which allow families to own homes and build wealth. He has held leadership roles with Self Help, a nonprofit community development lender, and the Center for Responsible Lending, which... well, it is right there in the name.  He's had some adventures in government, too-- among other things, he led the transition team that started up the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in the Obama administration. 

I love finding out about people like Eric who have persistently tackled a problem in our society-- and I have found a number of them among the relatively small group I went to law school with.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#