Monday, August 10, 2020

 

On the rain

As I began to write this, a thunderstorm rolled in. The sky darkened, the rolling thunder rumbled, and soon rain was pelting the window next to me.

Your haiku on rain were beautiful!

Desiree took two shots:

Rain, rain, go away!
Come again another day!
It fits perfectly :)

Ok, now the real one

Ruined my plans at
the drive-in -- Karate Kid, 
Rain, rain, go away!

Christine had this (which I loved):

It fell from the sky
gently reviving the earth
plants, sighing, joyous

Susan Stabile came to visit:

The garden needs it - 
Leaves are drooping, parched with thirst.
Let gentle rain fall!

As did the Medievalist (telling truth, as usual):

There is no rain here,
Texas in August is dry,
Dust covers the world.

And my dad chimed in (and made me melancholy-- this is what we should be doing at the island right now):

anticipation
looking down the fishing rod
at droplets of rain

As did Amy Garrou:

Wet leaves, decay rules
my tiny yard, East Coast green
our constant reward.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#