Friday, June 12, 2020

 

Haiku Friday: Wildlife


A few weeks ago I pondered an old tree stump next to my house. It was flush with the ground and slightly rotted.

Trying to make something of it, I got an axe and chopped seven holes in it, put in some potting soil and planted some red and white geraniums. The took right away and started to thrive. But, for some reason, a bunny ate one of them. Just the flowers! [It was not the bunny pictured here- my sister drew that one]

Wildlife comes in all kinds of shapes this time of year. Let's haiku about them this week. Here, I will go first:

I am so confused
You only ate the one plant!
What a dumb bunny.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!

Comments:
Dear Sir, I’m not dumb.
I take only what I need.
Your kind? Not so much.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Kudos, Gavin!

Idaho beavers
Masters of both lake and sky
Skydiving keystones!

 
Agreed! Kudos to Gavin

Gray-brown blob scurries
across the drive. Stops. Then I
see fat chipmunk cheeks.

 
Black, white ferral cat,
Epitomize the paradox,
Keeping pet furballs.
 
I apologize for not being able to count syllables in my haiku this week. I normally work in Spanish, so English has become my second language lately.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#