Friday, June 05, 2020

 

Haiku friday: Bread!


Yesterday, I was hard at work when IPLawGuy called me from somewhere on I-95. He was driving his unrestored 1975 Datsun 280Z, which is a fascinating shade of green. He had the top down-- it's not a convertible, but he used a reciprocating saw to remove the roof for the summer-- so it was hard to hear him. From the amount of yelling he was doing, I could tell he was really excited about something in his house or his yard. After a while, it was clear that he was telling me about his sourdough starter and how it was doing.

What is it with sourdough right now? We have two major national crises going on at the same time, and everyone is growing a gross jar of yeast in their backyard. 

I do love the bread, though. IPLawGuy promised me he would send me a slice in the mail once he gets back from his business trip to Myrtle Beach. Bread, basically, is a good thing. Let's haiku about that today.

Here, I will go first:

In winter's deep heart
My mom would make a fresh loaf
Love scent after school.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
Mine always goes flat
Did the yeast give up on me?
Or just no mojo.
 
Cookies. More cookies
And bread, more bread and cookies
Carbs I should not eat
 
Yes, 280z
Wish i had one, and Could
Drive on a highway
 
Funky smell. Sticky.
Wrestling with a sullen dough.
The taste is worth it.
 
Refrigerator,
Home of Hal the starter dough,
Great cinnamon rolls!
 
You could almost set the first two lines to the song from ‘Oliver’......

Bread, glorious bread,
Don’t we all want to eat it?
Yes! Because it’s good!
:-)
 
Measure, mix, take great
comfort in kneading a fine
silky dough, pliant

cover, hope, rising
punch down, knead, punch down again
shape, score, bake, smell, eat



 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#