Monday, May 25, 2020

 

Summer Travels


Well, those haiku covered a lot of ground! First, my dad took me back to a great childhood memory:

First night Holiday 
Inn in Hurley Wisconson
pool salad bar smiles.

Then Christine posted her own hopes:

Bought a paddle board
Plan to spend time on the lake
being by myself.

While IPLawGuy registered a memory:

Long rides in a car
Showing kids America
Learning new myself.

Jill Scoggins brought us right back to this moment:

Going to Texas.
Fearful but also eager
to see family.

We live in a time
where trav’ling to see those we
love most, scares us most.

Steve hit close to home:

Canoe in water.
Hup. Dip. Dip. Dip. Dip. Dip. Hup.
Repeat and Repeat.

While Anonymous George looked further away:

Palm Springs, O, Palm Springs.
One hundred and eleven high.
Glad my trip is off.

I'm not sure whether the Medievalist is here or there:

Now leaving Waco,
Planes wheels on the runway go,
Touchdown in Madrid.

But, boy, I would like to see what Desiree is seeing (or remembering):

Walking at midnight 
Watching sea turtles lay eggs
Magic on the beach.

Comments:
Me either. For now, we will be in Waco. Spain looks out of the question for now. Too much death...

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#