Thursday, May 21, 2020

 

PMT: We will feel our way through the dark



I looked and looked for this video, of a song and a scene that I love. It hid from me for a while, and then I found it the way a spy spots the opposing army, with a leaping heart.

And then I watched it again, and all I wanted to do was immediately go directly to Ireland and rent a car and go to Dick Mack's pub in Dingle and talk to people (which is something my family tends to do). Well, I might need a time machine forward or backwards for that, of course, but you get my heart, right? The joy of small spaces full of warmth and people is lost to us for a too-long moment.

And that may be why people just aren't doing it anymore-- aren't staying at home, aren't avoiding everyone else, aren't following the rules. It's wrong, but we are social animals. That balance, that tension, is always there, between the urge to do something and the rules and reasons to not do it. It's what criminal law is all about. Also, mercy.

But in the moment...
If you walk my way
I could keep my head
We will feel our way
Through the dark.




Comments:
I crossed the street today to avoid a nice woman and her dog coming down the sidewalk on my side. She yelled across the street, "thank you for keeping me safe!" I smiled at her, waved, and said thank you back. We can still be kind and interactive at a distance...which brings me a lot of hope too.
 
Oops - that was from Kristin :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#