Monday, March 09, 2020

 

Corona-haiku


Coronavirus? More like the Smith-Corona virus, given the number of great poems you submitted! (and yeah, I realize that you have to either be pretty old or some kind of typewriter fan to get that joke).

First of all,  is Gavin in quarantine in a middle school?!?? His haiku made it sound like it:

Fenced in, quarantined
I watch the teens dance in masks
Spirit inspires.

Meanwhile, Christine is prepared:

Past experience
tells me at four days people
will go stir crazy


*********

Thankful for many
acres and outdoor chores
to keep me busy

Set to place my mulch
order. That can occupy
me for sev'ral days

Megan Willome, maybe not yet:

I'm supposed to care
I suppose I will, later--
Sunny dogs nap on

The Medievalist probably has the Coronavirus:

I have a fever,
Ex post facto nasal drip.
Pass the Tylenol.

While Amy has questions:

Pariah cruise ships
Claustrophobic death boats. Stuck
On an airplane, coughing

Seatmates. Usual
lunch spot -- music library--
Too warm with phlegm-y

Undergrads. Outside,
open spaces, brisk air, is
The only place to be.

Meanwhile, IPLawguy perhaps isn't taking the whole thing seriously yet:

Weird Al Yancovich
Lets us down in time of need
Won't do "My Corona"

Comments:
I loved all of the haiku this week. Wishing good health to everyone. Be smart and be safe.
 
I work on Travis Air Force Base in California. The base hosts a number of people in a quarantine area. Americans evacuated from China mostly, and now some of the folks from cruise ships.

One day I saw three teens wearing white surgical masks practicing a hip hop dance routine outside.

Anything to stay busy, and keep spirits up, I suppose.
 
Gavin-- That's a great picture.... thanks for that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#