Friday, February 28, 2020

 

Haiku Friday: In the woods


Wilderness is a good thing. I took it for granted as a part of my life, I think, until I met Craig Anderson. He was the first person I ever met who talked about wilderness as something both precious and threatened. He was so right, too: once I began to see it that way, it changed everything. Now, a canopy of trees is a sacred place.

Let's haiku about the woods today. Some love it, some fear it, some just aren't interested. Your wilderness might be the middle of a lake or a tree in your yard, and that's ok.

Here, I will go first.

Boundary Waters-
The most civilized place
I have ever been.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
Hey, come visit us
Fourteen acres, wooded bliss
deer, birds, frogs and dogs

Down in the ravine
Old bootlegger barrels lay
Revenuers Ax

Japanese garden
greets visitors driving in
A bit of Eden
 
Sun sparkling through leaves,
crunch of pine beneath my feet--
Always makes me smile
 
Never felt lonely
while walking out in the woods
The office, however....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#