Friday, February 21, 2020

 

Haiku Friday: Birthdays


So, yeah, it is my birthday. I am 128 years old, or something like that (but I am still pretty spry). Please enjoy this photo of me and former Baylor Dean of Chapel Todd Lake enjoying a previous birthday.

We all have them, of course, so let's haiku about birthdays this week! Here, I will go first:

It comes ev'ry year
And yet takes me by surprise;
Where did that year go?

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
My summer birthday
multi-day celebration
Christmas in July
 
Happy Dad's Birthday
I text to the kids each year
Let him feel the love!
 
Hey! Happy Birthday!
February twenty first
Let's celebrate YOU!
 
I love your Birthday!
Longer days and brighter sun
February smiles!
 
Birthday depression
Another year closer to death
Birthday candle dirge.
 
Celebrate birthdays
but ignore your age. It is
only a number.

 
February SUN!
November: dark and gloomy.
So grateful for YOU!
 
Born in November
Darkness grows deeper each day
Need the candles' light
 
I am a pirate
My crew are my family
Birthday fantasy
 
They arrive each year
We can't escape them either
Good to be alive!
 
They arrive each year
Birthdays are so nice to have
Great to be alive!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#