Monday, January 06, 2020

 

Poems about grading



I wondered if anyone would respond to the haiku topic of grades and grading, but I didn't need to-- there were some great poems!

Gavin submitted one of my favorites of late (and I know who he is talking about!):

Torts final, red ink
“This answer is a hot mess”
True words from a priest.

And IPLawGuy had some thoughts that ranged a little off-topic (also, as I have mentioned before, IPLawGuy's nickname in college was "Sluggo"):

Do profs read all words?
I will bet this one did not:
Timothy Leary!

Heathcliff reminds me
of Leary. The birds are an
LSD response.

While Christine had a serious question:

Are there schools that don't
issue grades? That is my dream...
so overrated.

And, of course, the Medievalist, who has probably been doing too much grading himself:

Reality check,
If you do not do the work,
Get what you deserve.

Comments:
Sluggo? No, no, no. It was Fritz Katzenjammer! Or was it Hans? I could never tell them apart.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#