Monday, January 13, 2020

 

Fabulous illness poems right here!


OK, y'all outdid yourselves with a goofy subject.

I don't usually reprint anonymous comments (I allow anonymity but don't encourage it), but this haiku was just too awesome to ignore:

Bloodie flux and lice —
Nathaniel Bacon’s demise.
Took the hangman’s job.

We also had a great entry from Jill, based on lived experience:


And the Medievalist chimed in:

Runny nose, headache,
The common cold is common,
Lying down again.

And IPLawGuy:

Antibiotics.
Go to Student health center
Maybe not so wise.

And finally, for the first time in a while, Jon from YLS (employing one of my favorite words):

Leaves are brown; sky gray..
Deep malaise and swollen glands.
Sinus infection.

Comments:
I assume that your favorite word from Jon’s haiku was malaise. I took a course in pathogenic bacteriology in college. We studied the symptoms of various diseases, and most included the symptom “general malaise”. I always thought it would be a great name for a comic book character, as in “General Malaise Meets Superman”.
 
For years I thought there was a military figure named General Motors, so yeah.
 
I always thought it was weird that you loved the word "glands" so much.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#