Friday, December 13, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: Winter Sports

It's pretty stupid to live in Minnesota if you don't love winter sports-- and luckily for me, I do! There are days that I can literally put on cross-country skis and head out the front door, and if I want (fairly mild) downhill skiing, there is a little area about ten minutes from my house. There is a beautiful rink with a warming hut in a park two blocks from my house, as well. Life is good! And that's not even including my annual and wacky ski trip with IPLawGuy... 

Let's haiku about that this week! Here, I will go first:

The quietest sport
Just your breath and the long skis
Through a silent wood.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
Winter sports to me?
Basketball. Best sound ever?
WHOOSH! Nuthin’ but net.

 
Snowy winter days
Snow shoes are at the ready
Traipse the property
 
Twilight at the rink.
Cold air bites, blades cut fresh ice
Left, right, left, right, gliiiiiiiide

 
Ice fishing is fun,
If you do it right you might
Even catch some ice.
 
Nothing is better
than a lunch tray and a hill
Don't hit the mailbox
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#