Thursday, November 28, 2019

 

Thanksgiving


I do love this holiday.

Thankfulness is a good thing. Gratefulness makes us better; it directs us towards the good.

I have a lot to be thankful for. Some are big, overwhelming, and unearned. Others are tiny and just as unearned. Do you ever take a bite of one of your favorite foods and savor it? It's really one of the most remarkable experiences we can have. Too rarely do I slow down to realize the beauty of it.

There is that moment, too, on a cold night when I pull a nice blanket over me and then there is this warmth, like a little miracle. Or the quiet moment in church, when a thought comes into my head, unbidden, almost always urging me towards kindness and honesty.

And this holiday is the chance to do that. We spend so much of our time and energy focused on our problems and the challenges before us. Today... it is about something else.

I'm not always good about changing gears that way.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#