Monday, October 07, 2019

 

Bad day at Shoney's!


Great haiku last week about chain restaurants, but this one from Amy really took the (stale) cake:

Shoney's Big Boy, in
NC, Georgia. Childhood treat
Cheery, quick, seated;

Locals, travelers--
I was both. Shoney's changed when
I was on first job

Twenty-one, driving
Stopped for breakfast, Statesboro,
Wanted solo meal,

Table near the front.
Heavy sales dude slid himself
Onto slick seat, thought

I needed company.
Others said Hey there, Where're you
Going? Alone?

Last time at Shoney's.
Big Boy always creeped me out
Now I know why.

Gavin, meanwhile, described the inevitable:

Buffalo Wild Wings
I make better wings at home.
But yet, here I am.

Susan Stabile remembered "ZumZum's":

My first job: ZumZums.
Served German cuisine (sort of).
Wonder why it closed.

And the Medievalist actually seemed to enjoy the "Country Kitchen!":

The Country Kitchen,
Giant cinnamon rolls at
Two in the morning.



Comments:
Wow, I haven't seen that yellow 'n red menu in a long time . . .

Thanks :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#