Saturday, August 17, 2019

 

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood



For a guy in Minnesota, I realize I really have a California thing going right now. Anyways, last night I went to see the new Tarantino movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I liked it a lot, though I'm not totally sure why.

There isn't much of a plot, though things do come together in the end. Tarantino meshes together historical narratives (the Manson Family and the Tate murders) with fictional characters, and it really works. It helps to know the story of the Manson Family before you go to the movie; the story seems to assume that the viewer has that basic knowledge.

If nothing else, Tarantino creates atmosphere--the sense of a place--better than anyone. And that's worth eight bucks (more in you live in, well, California).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#