Friday, August 23, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: The Fair


The Minnesota State Fair started yesterday, and even though I missed opening day (I was giving that lecture in Sandstone Prison--more on that Sunday), you can bet that I will go at least once. 

Fairs-- state, county, school fairs alike--are an American institution, and most of us have memories and thoughts on them. Let's haiku about that this week! Here, I will go first:

I have a routine
So much to see! And ends with
Sweet Martha's cookies.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
Greasy, fattening food,
Overhyped like nothing else
O how I hate the fair.

Labor Day frees us
Horrific twelve days ended
Come day of workers!

 
In my own county
We have a tiny fair, but
That means I can win.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
October brings us
the NC State Fair, cooler
weather and fall days

NC State Ag school
makes the best milkshakes, bar none...
No butter sculptures

Culinary School
food truck always in'tresting
stuffed jalapenos

The Lions Club thinks
they sell the best Brunswick Stew
Horace calls them in...

But the truck serving
Chocolate dipped bacon is
the absolute best


 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#