Sunday, July 14, 2019

 

Sunday Reflection: At the gallery


Last night, I was in Detroit for the opening of my dad's show at a gallery here, Collected Detroit. (I took the photo above before the crowds arrived).

It is always wonderful to see other people see what those you love create-- an experience I have had a few dozen times in different ways. Beyond the "I know him!" aspect of it, there is something deeper-- fresh eyes make me look and see and hear things I didn't before.

Probably not every kid grew up with nudes in the kids' bathroom, but I did. I'm not sure what effect that had on me, but it probably was good. As I have written here before, I love the way my parents see beauty wherever they go. They are right. I was taught two things by that: to look and see, and to celebrate the good. 

If you want to see more of my dad's work, you can check it out here, and his jazz blog is here.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#