Thursday, June 27, 2019

 

PMT: The Debates! (Part 1)



My primary takeaway from the debate was this question: Is MSNBC so hard up to sell advertising that repeated showings of the Life Alert ad above is the best they can do?

Well, maybe that was not my primary takeaway.

I was taken by how messy the whole thing was-- including the period in which the second-string moderators had their mics still on while offstage. There was a lot of cross-talk. 

Generally, I was impressed by the candidates. There are a lot of good choices. Personalities are emerging. Warren seemed well prepared, and Klobuchar clearly delivered her points. Booker decried "thoughts and prayers" about gun violence by saying "In my faith, they say faith without acts is dead." 

Too many of them just seemed to want to talk about what they were ready to talk about, not what they were asked about... but that seems to go with the territory on these things.

What did you think?

Comments:
I will not waste my primary vote on Jay Inslee, but as far as I’m concerned about the back and forth in Democratic debate part 1, he was the one that nailed it on "name the single greatest geopolitical threat facing the U.S." which he correctly answered: Donald Trump.
 
Thanks for your question, Professor. The thing that makes pie better than cake is the many different textures pie has to offer. Even a good cake is just that, cake. But pie has that buttery, flaky outer crust, that warm and soft lower crust, and of course whatever gooey, delicious filling you choose. Who ever order cake a la mode? But pie? Why not top with with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Hot, cold, crunchy, soft--it's the perfect compliment to an after-dinner cup of coffee. That's why we have proposed Pie for All. We have a plan to make pie available on demand, for every American who wants it. Big Cake doesn't control me, and I have the courage to make this happen.
 
Mmmm... I like pie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#