Friday, June 21, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: Building things


Every once in a while, I get the chance to use power tools and build stuff. Recently, for example, I had the pleasure to facing the challenge of cutting a round hole in the middle of piece of plywood. Like most challenges, there was a tool for that: the saw pictured above, which attaches to a 1/2 inch power drill. It was awesome; it drilled a perfect hole in the middle of the board, a feat I did not think myself capable of.

This week, let's haiku about building things. It doesn't have to be the kind of construction I did-- feel free to talk about building a garden, or a good syllabus, or whatever. This is a time for creativity, after all!

Here, I will go first:

Terrifying teeth
Spin like a deathly skirt fringe
The sound is sinful.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern and have some fun!

Comments:
Write a news release:
You know key points but they think
diff'rent. Work it out!
 
Write a news release:
Twain said, "Good writing is re-
written, not written."
 
Write a news release:
Put science into language
any schmo knows. Not easy!
 
Old mailbox fell off
So I put a box on a
Post. Epic failure.
 
Building with legos,
Lincoln Logs and other toys.
Grandsons are the best.
 
In short, each Montblanc design has a soul.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#