Sunday, May 05, 2019

 

Sunday Reflection: Winning by losing

Over the course of my life, I have failed to achieve many things I really desired in that moment. Sometimes, it hurt a lot to have failed. In my early 20's, having graduated from college, I really struggled to find my footing. I tried very hard to get a job as a copywriter at an ad agency, and got nowhere. A few place asked for more information; I provided it and then never heard from them again.

After a while, I tried to get almost any decent-paying job that would allow me some financial independence. Again and again, I was turned down.  When I tried to get a job with Northwest Airlines as a gate agent or flight attendant, I didn't make it past the first round. My self-esteem was dragging.

Eventually, I took a low-paying, no-status job doing menial jobs for a law firm, including working as a process server.  Probably, I wasn't that good at it, in part because I read over everything I was handling, fascinated. Which, of course, led to law school.

When we fail, we often think God has failed us. But... perhaps there is something larger going on, as always.



Comments:
At a time when I really needed it, I read this quote: "A step back doesn't have to be a setback." It made me re-evaluate what I was going after versus what I really wanted.

I call these moments, "God's Road Signs." If you are still enough and observant enough to see/hear/feel them, you know that God is steering you on your life's journey.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#