Friday, May 17, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: On the bus



I heard a short presentation today about new electric buses coming into service here in Minneapolis-- $1.5 million buses!

Sometimes I'll take the bus to work, and in the past I have taken some longer trips on the bus (as have most people... and isn't it weird that we refer to any kind of bus in the simple singular, ie "the bus?").

We all have a bus story. Let's make them into haiku. Here, I will go first:

I sat with Fournier
All the way to Iowa
Epic adventure.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 formula, and have some fun!

Comments:
The school bus driver
Was a true alcoholic
And yet we lived.
 
SEPTA buses are
Zoos on wheels, but where people,
Not apes, throw feces.

(True story: I had a middle-aged woman--who both looked and smelled to be in unfortunate circumstances--slap me as hard as she could in the back of the head as she casually stepped off the bus. We had not so much as exchanged furtive glances. Sometimes I miss Philly).
 
Riding the school bus,
Going north to Grand Marais,
Lutherans canoeing.
 
Caught bus in Daytona
Moon lit skies, snow covered fields
A red-eye ride home

 
Many already havewritten with a Montblanc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#