Friday, May 24, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: Lunch


People labor over dinner-- for whatever reason, it is the meal people worry over the most, and most often share with those close to them.

Breakfast wants attention, but doesn't always get it. No one really thinks it is the "most important meal of the day," and lots of people ignore it entirely.

Lunch is somewhere in the middle (in more ways than one). I have been all over the map regarding lunch in the course of my life. Right now, it is usually pretty utilitarian: I need food and so I go to a place that sells food and buy some. Then I eat it.

But, at other times in my life lunch has borne more significance. I would love to get back to that, actually. 

Let's haiku about lunch-- what you eat, who you share it with, what it means, maybe the best one of your life.

Here, I will go first:

Texas barbecue
Eaten on the back porch, hot
Gotta love Vitek's.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!


Comments:
Oh, Buddys pizza
You have moved to Grand Rapids
What took you so long?
 
Chicken salad, chips...
An unremarkable meal
Need inspiration
 
Two or three hot dogs
In the sunshine of section
321. Bliss.
 
On white bread (of course)
peanut butter and jelly
each day in grade school.
 
Honeymoon three hour
Lunch at Mustards Grill roadside
Legendary meal

 
Menu del día
Gazpacho, filete, y
Arroz con leche.

 

Salad and white wine
Under the sun in Provence
We long to be there
 
Italian Alps, home
of distant family, June:
Long tables loaded,

wild boar stew, fresh -- Love --
polenta gorgonzola --
Surprise -- tomatoes,

greens -- Warmth -- pasta, new
peas, new family, fizzy
water, wine and wine --

Flowers -- Laughter --
chocolate, pears, parmesan.
Cannot recreate . . .


 
I eat at my desk
Bland food from a cardboard box
Blank stare, my mind drifts

To another lunch
Meat, cheese, bread, wine, and my love
In the Tuscan sun.

We laughed and dined there
Time was no concern of ours
Just in the moment
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#