Friday, May 31, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: Ice cream


It's that time of year.

I love ice cream. I have to pretend not to like it, actually, or I would eat too much! Like most people, I have very clearly defined preferences, too. I love soft serve. I love jimmies on top. I am capable of thoroughly enjoying a sundae. Mint chocolate chip was my favorite as a kid, but I have evolved since then...

So let's haiku about ice cream this week! Here, I will go first:

At Baskin-Robbins
I waited patiently for
Two cold scoops of joy.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!


Comments:
Give me my fav’rite:
I dream of it even now
Superman crunch. Mmmm.
 
A haiku about a typical summer night in Grafton, ND circa 1995...

DQ cone in hand
Sittin on the tailgate
Watch the girls cruise by
 
Sorry - I feel inspired today...


Peering through the glass
Kaleidoscope of flavour
waits before my eyes

******

Dad says "Hurry, pick"
Sugar cone, two big scoops of
mint chocolate chip

******
Hot summer night
Rivulets of vanilla
Tongue catching them all

***************

I inhale deeply
smelling sugar in the air
Anticipation


 
Yogurt and lemon,
Together in the same cone,
Nights in Santander.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#